“It is never too late to begin creating the bodies we want, instead of the ones we mistakenly assume we are stuck with.” ~ Deepak Chopra
Ahh, dieting, what an amazing word. The mere thought of it fills you with a sinking feeling of dread, triggers instant ravenous hunger, and creates beautiful mental images of all the delicious foods you’re going to have to live without.
If this sounds a little familiar it’s because, unfortunately, most of us approach any weight loss plan from a negative perspective. We equate “diet” with “sacrifice”. We focus on everything we’re going to have to give up and how much we’re going to suffer in the process. With that kind of mindset, it’s no wonder that we’re usually defeated before we ever start!
Why not increase your chance of success by first working on your attitude? Instead of viewing a diet as something you’re going to do to yourself, how about looking at it as something you’re going to do FOR yourself?
Eating healthier foods and taking some time to exercise will improve more than just your waistline. You will:
- feel better
- have more energy
- and probably give your self-esteem a nice little lift!
Shedding those extra pounds is good for your entire body, from your skin, hair, teeth and nails to your heart, lungs, digestive system and joints (and everything in between). You’ll also be lowering your risk for all sorts of diseases. The list of good goes on and on!
Your attitude is your choice. You can decide to be miserable thinking about what you can’t eat, or you can decide to be excited that you’re eating foods that your body actually appreciates. You can mentally beat yourself up for being overweight, or you can work on changing that negative inner dialogue. To quote from Desiderata,
“…you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars…”
Recognize and acknowledge your worth as a human being, and take pride in having the self-respect to do what’s best for you!
One great way to improve your attitude and stay focused on the positive is to create a vision board. Use words and pictures that and provide visual reminders of all the benefits of losing weight. That can certainly be different from individual to individual. Simply choose whatever is most meaningful and inspiring to you. (If you’re new to this concept, there’s an entire page on our website about how to make a vision board.)
To help get you started, below are 20 great weight loss affirmations that are all about keeping a positive attitude about your body, and about the wonderful choices you’re making for yourself!
From our Friends at Neurogym
This one thing might be the reason you haven’t been able to lose weight and keep it off long term. Is it:
John Assaraf put together a short quiz that reveals if one of these hidden obstacles is preventing you from losing weight and keeping it off.
Choose one of the four options above — or click here for the answer.
20 Great Weight Loss Affirmations Pictures
Find out if your brain is preventing you from being able to lose weight and keep it off:==>[Quiz]: Is your brain sabotaging your diet?
Weight Loss Affirmations List
Here’s the complete list again, this time with no pictures, just the words.
- 1 I am grateful for my body and all the ways it serves me.
- 2 I let go of all urges to criticize my body.
- 3 I allow myself to acknowledge that I am worthy.
- 4 I deserve to live a happy, healthy life.
- 5 I have the power to change my mind and change my life.
- 6 I choose to eat healthy foods that make me stronger and leaner.
- 7 I appreciate my commitment to do something good for me.
- 8 I enjoy being in control of what I eat.
- 9 I choose progress over perfection, and I am at peace.
- 10 Every day I feel lighter, slimmer, and more energetic.
- 11 I am learning to love my body and myself unconditionally.
- 12 I can always resist poor eating habits when I choose to.
- 13 I believe in me.
- 14 I love how good my body feels when I exercise.
- 15 I appreciate myself for honoring and nurturing my body.
- 16 I am creating a body that I enjoy living in.
- 17 I celebrate the joy of feeling more vital, alive, and attractive.
- 18 My body is firm, fit, and thriving.
- 19 Eating healthy is becoming easy because I love how it makes me feel.
- 20 I am falling in love with my new body and my new life!